Students will evaluate their knowledge of Elizabethan England in preperation for “Romeo and Juliet”.
Students will make connections between Elizabethan England and the contemporary world
Anticipation Guides are a way to find out what you already know or think about a topic.
Answer the following True or False questions below:
After we finish, you will answer them again to see what you learned.
1) True or False: There were laws in Elizabethan England that said what type of clothes you could and could not wear.
2) True or False: Christopher Columbus discovered North America during Elizabethan England.
3) True or False: The Elizabethan England era started in 1300 AD
4) True or False: Tortue was used by the police in Elizabethan England as a form of punishment for crimes.
5) True or False: Most girls attended school in Elizabethan England.