DRO: Daily Reading Objective
Before We Read:
1) Are you a fan of football? Why or Why not?
2) Do you believe that sports are dangerous? Why or Why not?
3) Have you ever received an injury from playing sports or from P.E.? What happened?
1) Under the yes section: provide three pieces of evidence that the author uses to support that football is too dangerous. Be specific!!
2) Under the no section: provide three pieces of evidence tha the author uses to support that football is not too dangerous. Be specific!!
3) Find 5 words you are unsure of in the text. Use context clues to define them.
1) Which side was more convincing? Give three supporing details that support your opinion.
2) What are the author’s purposes in writing each of their sides of the issue: to inform, to persuade, to entertain? Why did you choose your answer?
1) Have you ever been belittled infront someone else? What happened? How did it make you feel?
2) Do you believe that our society is run by elitist? Why or why not?