DRO: Daily Reading Objectives:
Before We Read:
1) Has anyone ever called you rude?
2) What is your definition of rude behavior?
3) Do you think there are cultural differences in how people interprete rudeness? Why or why not?
4) Have you ever gotten into a fight because of rude behavior? What happened?
1) Why do experts say rudeness is worse than annoying?
2) What do studies show about teens whom have manners?
3) Complete the chart. Use supporting details from the text to fill in the chart for both sides of the debate.
1) Examine points on both sides-as well as your own veliefs and experiences. Decide what you think. State your answer in one sentence below.