DRO: Daily Reading Objective:
Before we read:
1) What does a right to privacy mean?
2) True or False: Police can use your cell phone to track where you are.
3) True or False: Police can get a list of all cellphones using a particular tower at a particular time so they can find out who was near the scene of a crime.
4) What advantages could cell phone tracking have?
5) What disadvantages could cell phone tracking have?
Lets watch this news report:
1) Define civil liberties.
2) Define unreasonable searches and seizures
3) Define probable cause.
4) Look in the box titled: “Do electronic “searches” violate the constitution”.
a. What does the court say about GPS tracking?
b. What does the court say about cellphone tracking?
c. What does the court say about warrantless wiretapping?
Using the text:
1) Find 3 advantages of technology tracking.
2) Find 3 disadvantages of technology tracking.
3) Your turn: Decide what you believe and back it up with evidence.
I agree with technology tracking because…
I disagree with technology tracking because…