Students will learn Tier 2 vocabulary words and apply them.
Students will read critically about an interesting topic.
Students will practice summarizing
Reading Strategies & Applied Communications: Tier 2 Vocabulary
1) Productive=adjective=efficient, gets a lot done
2) categorize= to put in categories, smaller groups
Answer the following questions about your Tier 2 Vocabulary Words in the reply box below:
1) How can you be more productive after school so that you achieve good grades?
2) Almost everything can be categorized. Give an example of a category (ex: fruits)and list 5 items that would fit in that category (ex: pear, apple, grape, orange, tomato).
Critical Reading Assignment:
Before you Read:
1) Why do people smell bad?
2) What do people do to make them stop smelling?
For each section of the article:
America Cleans Up:
The Heat is On:
1) Summarize what was said
2) Find 2 words you did not know and define them using context clues