Students will practice reading to gain reading fluency and reading comprehension.
Students will connect with a topic of interest and blog to gain better understanding, critical thinking skills, and interpersonal skills.
Students will practice the common core standards’ focus on understanding non fiction texts and writing to learn.
Students will connect with the text and formulate responses that reflect critically about the text.
Time to reflect:
1) What does the term “hard time” mean to you?
2) What is your experience as far as federal prison goes?
Lets view a part of this documentary from The National Geographic:
1) Take a minute to reflect on what we just watched. What is the reality of a federal prison?
2) What is the stereotype of a prison inmate?
3) Describe the mindset of a prison inmate?
4) What are the everyday worries for a prison inmate?
5) Why is reputation so important in prison?
6) Describe a prison experience of your own or someone that you know.