Students will practice reading to gain reading fluency and reading comprehension.
Students will connect with a topic of interest and blog to gain better understanding, critical thinking skills, and interpersonal skills.
Students will practice the common core standards’ focus on understanding non fiction texts and writing to learn.
Students will connect with the text and formulate responses that reflect critically about the text.
DOK: 3 &4
BEFORE You Watch the documentary:
Blog below your answer to these thought provoking questions:
1) What do you know about tattoos in prison?
2) Why do you think prisoners continue to get more tattoos in prison?
Lets view this mini documentary on Tattoo’s in Prison:
Link: Prison Tattoos
Read this article on Prison Tattoo’s and their meaning:
1) Why are prison tattoos important to inmates?
2) Why could prison tattoos be considered a way of rebelling?
3) How do inmates create tattoo guns?
4) What risks do inmates take when getting tattoos in prison?
5) If you were in prison, would take the risks, why or why not?
6) What are two common designs or motifs in prison tattoos and what do they mean?
7) What type of tattoo would you get if you had a chance? Why?
8) What ancient civilization is said to have had prison tattoos and why did they have them?
9) Post a picture of a prison tattoo and describe its meaning.