Students will read for information.
Students will critically think, make connections, and articulate their findings in a blog.
Today we’re taking a look at tattoos from around the world.
In Japan, a full body tattoo has significant meaning.
Watch the following clip from National Geographic:
Link: Full Body Tattoo
Read this short article about what tattoo artists are trying to do to fight stereotypes in America.
1) What stereotypes do tattoos have in Japan?
2) What is similar about the stereotypes in Japan and in America?
3) What is different about the stereotype in Japan then that in America?
4) What is the artist in Japan trying to do to make his artform more acceptable?
5) What are American tattoo artists doing to make their artform more acceptable?