Students will research geography to find out where they would like to go on an imaginary vacation.
Students will learn how to research, read informational text, and take notes.
Students will use the information they have learned to persuade other people to go to the same destination.
Before you read:
1) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? (Blog This)
For this assignment you will research a destination that is global (meaning outside of the United States). You will look up information and read to find out information.
1) Go to this link: http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/world.htm or if you know what country already, do a google search.
2) Select a continent
3) Select a country
4) Click Travel Information
5) Find out why people travel to this area
(You may need to look at additional websites to find out more information.)
6) What are 3 things you could do in this country or city? (Blog This)
7) Tell me three cities you would like to visit and why? (Blog This)
8) In one paragraph, try to persuade the class why they should visit this country? (Blog This)