Students will summarize and read for information.
Students will connect to a topic.
Students will evaluate their own life.
Before we read or view:
1) What kind of relationship do you hope for in the future?
2) Is this relationship different from what your parents have? How?
3) How has your parents relationship affected how your view love and relationships?
Lets take a look at an article about a man who sends his wife flowers even after he is dead.
4) Describe the woman’s story in two or more sentences.
5) How did you feel after reading this story?
6) Do you think the relationship this woman and her husband had is normal in today’s society?
7) Does this story inspire you in some way? Why or Why not?
Now lets view this news report about the story:
8) Why does the story make the man say: “these kinds of American’s are getting fewer and fewer”?
9) Is this something you would hope you or your significant other would do in the future? Why or Why not?