Students will read for information.
Students will read to connect to a topic of interest.
Students will think critically about what they have read and respond.
Before you read or view:
1) Do you think teens are more likely to be violent than adults? Why or Why not?
2) Do you think teens are more impulsive than adults? Why or Why not?
Watch this video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK3FcZUNb_E
Put your 5 facts here. 1,2,3,4,5
Take a look at these statistics: http://www.teenhelp.com/teen-violence/teen-violence-statistics.html
6) How are the video and statistics related?
7) List 2 statistics that surprised you. Explain why they surprised you.
8) How does the information from the video and the article change your opinion on the way you think? Explain your answer by using 2 pieces from the text or video to support your answer.