Students will show mastery of MSB’s Tier 2 words of the week.
Students will demonstrate that they understand the words through non-linguistic representations.
Students will use the Frayer Model to deepen their understanding of the Tier 2 Words.
Students will identify the part of speech from the definition
assess=to figure our the quality or value of something
benefit=the good that happens from something
concept=an idea or thought
derive=to get something from a source
For each word: (Each of these (except #5) must be in a complete sentence.)
1) Tell me the part of speech (noun, verb, adjective, etc)
2) Tell me what the word is like (Example: Assess is like…)
3) Tell me what the word is not like (Example: Assess is not like…)
4) Give me an example of each word.
5) Post a link to a picture that best represents the word to you.
6) Explain why the picture best represents the word.