Students will u nd erstand what author’s purpose is and how it affects their reading.
Students will be able to determine an author’s purpose by reading a passage.
1) Watch the following videos about author’s purpose to help you understand:
2) Lets take part in a multi-media lesson teaching us about author’s purpose.
View and participate in the following presentation: http://www.fcatexplorer.com/media/parent/tiplister/flash/tip210a.swf
3) Practice author’s purspose with these activities: http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ela4/h/authorpur.cfm
3) Watch the following videos about author’s purpose to help you understand:
1) What are the three purposes of writing?
2) Define each purpose.
3) Give me 2 examples of each purpose.
Watch the following commercials: Explain what the author’s purpose is in each commercial. You only have to do commercials 1-5
Link to commercials: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODg8IPsO-U